- Flower nameBromus japonicus
- Scientific nameBromus japonicus
- Place of originSouth America
- Place of floweringFields and footpaths
- Flowering seasonJune, July
What is Bromus japonicus
Bromus japonicus is a naturalized plant from South America and is an annual or biennial plant in the Poaceae.
B. japonicus is B. tectorum is of the same genus and is similar. The difference between the two is that B. tectorum is native to Europe and it's gourd 1.2-1.5 cm long, while B. japonicus is native to South America and it's gourd 0.8-1.2 cm long, making it slightly shorter.