- Flower nameTsugawa shibori
- Scientific nameCamellia japonica 'tsugawa-shibori'
- Aliasツガワシボリ, 椿, Tsugawa-shibori
- Place of originHorticultural variety (Japan)
- Place of floweringGarden, Cut flowers, flower arrangement, Horticultural species, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonMarch, April
What is Tsugawa shibori
Tsugawa shibori (Scientific name: Camellia Japonica 'Tsugawa-shibori') is a cold-resistant evergreen medium shrub of the Theaceae family.
It is a spring-flowering cultivar, and the flowers are light pinkish, with deep red vertical squeezing,thousand-ring to row valve blooming, and medium flowering. The name of the flower 'Tsugawa' was caused to the flower from the district where the flower was grown (Tsugawa, Aga Town, Niigata Prefecture).
Tree height: 2 to 4 m, tree width: 1.5 to 2 m, tree figure: standing, leaf shape: oval, phylogenia: to fresh, flower color: pale pink, flower form: thousand-ring to row valve blooming, flower diameter: medium ring flowering (8 cm), flowering time: March to April (spring flowering), Origin: Horticultural variety, Application: Garden planting, potted plant, cut flower, single flower cutting, tea flower, hedge.