- Flower nameCamellia sasanqua 'Egao(smile)'
- Scientific nameCamellia sasanqua cv. Egao
- AliasCamellia sasanqua, sasanqua, 笑顔, ハルサザンカ, ハルサザンカ品種群, エガオ
- Place of originhorticultural variety
- Place of floweringGarden, Park, Bonsai, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonJanuary, February, December
What is Camellia sasanqua 'Egao(smile)'
Camellia sasanqua 'Egao', the third group spring sasanqua 'Egao' is a natural hybrids of sasanqua and camellia (mainly camellia japonica). It is close to camellia and has a wide variety of single, double, and thousand-petaled flowers. Flowering is the slowest, from December to April.
Egao means smile and is an upright tree with large, double flowers, bright peach in color, and blooms from early December to March.
Sazanka flower size: small flowers: ~5cm, medium flowers: 6.5cm, large flowers: 8cm~.
Common name: Camellia sasanqua 'Egao, scientific name: Camellia sasanqua 'Egao', type of life: evergreen Broad-leaved medium shrub, Tree: erect and strong, Height: 2-8 m, Shape: oblong-oval, flowering season: December to March, flowering style: double, flower color: bright pink, flower diameter: 10 cm, uses: garden plants and potted plants, bonsai, hedges.