- Flower nameFushimi pepper
- Scientific nameCapsicum annuum var. longum
- Alias伏見甘長唐辛子, 伏見唐辛子, ひもとう, あおとう
- Place of origin tropical America
- Place of floweringField
- Flowering seasonJuly, August, September, October
What is Fushimi pepper
Fushimi pepper (scientific name: Capsicum annuum var. longum) is an annual herbaceous plant native to tropical America and belongs to the genus Capsicum annuum in the family Solanaceae. It is a traditional Kyoto vegetable grown in Fushimi, Kyoto since the Edo period. It is also called Fushimi pepper.
Common name: Fushimi pepper, scientific name: Capsicum annuum var. longum, alternate names: Fushimi chili pepper, string bean, blue bean, Pepper, flowering season: July to October, fruit length: 10 to 15 cm, Use: Stir-fry, tempura, baking, stewing.