- Flower nameHeliconia stricta
- Scientific nameHeliconia stricta
- AliasHeliconia stricta, ドワーフジャマイカン, Dwarf Jamaican heliconia
- Place of origintropical America, including Ecuador and Jamaica
- Place of floweringGreenhouse, Subtropical region
- Flowering seasonMay, June
What is Heliconia stricta
Heliconia stricta (scientific name: Heliconia stricta) is a tropical evergreen perennial plant in the family Heliconiaceae, native to tropical America, including Ecuador and Jamaica. The bracts are bright vermilion in color. Light green flowers with a diameter of 5-6 cm bloom from the bracts, but they are not as attractive as the bracts.
Common name: Heliconia stricta, scientific name: Heliconia stricta, also known as Dwarf Jamaican heliconia, origin: tropical America, including Ecuador and Jamaica. Southern tropical America, including Ecuador and Jamaica. Plant height: 1.5-3 m. Flowering season: May-August.