- Flower nameSpearmint
- Scientific nameMentha spicata
- Aliasオランダハッカ, 阿蘭陀薄荷, ミドリハッカ, Spearmint, Mentha spicata
- Place of originThe Mediterranean
- Place of floweringField, Botanical Gardens, Park
- Flowering seasonJuly, August
What is Spearmint
Spearmint, scientific name: Mentha spicata, is a perennial herb of Mentha genus of Lamiaceae family native to the Mediterranean coast. It is a favored is refreshingly sweet and mild aromatic herbs. In early summer give many white flowers in spikes. Leaves are pale green color Wrinkly, and have a serrated margin. Leaves and stems are used in the ingredients of a cake, such as food or herbal tea, gum, herbal bath, dried flowers, etc.
Common name:Spearmint , scientific name: mentha spicata, aka: Holland Mentha arvensis, midrihacka, origin: Mediterranean coast, herb height: 30-60 cm, leaf edge: serrated with, leaf color: green,flower, white, pale pink, flowering July to August.