- Flower namePotentilla recta
- Scientific namePotentilla recta
- Alias大蛇苺, タチロウゲ, 立狼牙, Sulpher cinquefoil, rough-fruited cinquefoil
- Place of originSouthern Europe
- Place of floweringFields and footpaths
- Flowering seasonMay, June, July, August
What is Potentilla recta
Potentilla recta is commonly called sulpher cinquefoil or rough-fruited cinquefoil, native to southern Europe, and is a perennial herb of the family Rosaceae. Stems do a ramification well and it does not crawl on the ground and stands up.. In short inflorescences began to shoot apical meristems in the summer blooms several yellow 5 petaled flower. The leaves are palmately compound. The naturalized plant to Japan in the mid-Meiji era introduced into ornamental, are distributed throughout the country of Japan.The whole pl ant has hairs.