- Flower nameChenille plant
- Scientific nameAcalypha hispida
- Aliasアカリファ, 紅紐の木, Acalypha hispida, アカリファ・ヒスピダ, chenille plant, シュニール・プラント, red-hot cat tail
- Place of originWest Indies
- Place of floweringGreenhouse
- Flowering seasonMay, June, July, August, September, October, November
What is Chenille plant
Chenille plant (Scarlet Tree, Scientific name: Acalypha hispida) is a native of the West Indies and is an evergreen shrub of the family Euphorbiaceae. The leaves are green and the leaf width is wide. There are no petals, and it makes be hanged a flower stalk that gathered many red strands of stamen. Chenille means a shiny thread withlong hair. In the same genus, there are grasses called Acalypha cat tail (Acalypha reptans), and they are similar to each other. This Chenille plant(A. hispida) is a tree version of the Acalypha cat tail (A. reptans), so to speak.
Common name:Chenille plant, scientific name: Acalypha hispida , also known as: Acalypha , hispida, origin: West Indies, life type: evergreen shrubs, tree:1.5 to 4 m, tree width: 1 to 2 m, leaf shape: oval, Leaf margin: serrated, leaf arrangement: alternate, Spike length: 20-50 cm, petals: no, Spike color: red, the flowering: May to November ,the application: potted plants.