- Flower nameAlpinia purpurata
- Scientific nameAlpinia purpurata 'pink'
- AliasPink ginger, ピンク・ジンジャー
- Place of origingardening variety
- Place of floweringCut flowers, flower arrangement, Greenhouse, Subtropical region, Horticultural species
- Flowering seasonJanuary, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Language of flowersOne day's love
What is Alpinia purpurata
Pink ginger (scientific name: Alpinia purpurata 'pink') is a garden cultivar of Red ginger, evergreen perennial of the family Zingiberaceae. Red ginger of the original type ((scientific name: Alpinia purpurat) is a ginger native to grapes growing in tropical Asia such as Thailand and Malaysia.What looks like a flower is a torch-shaped bract. Pink ginger is pink and red ginger is named from red bract.
Generic name: Pink ginger, Scientific name: Alpinia purpurata 'pink' , aka: Alpinia purpurata (Alpinia purplata), Origin: garden cultivar, (species is Southeast Asia), life type: tropical evergreen perennials, flowering period: in the field and in Japan, flowering all year round in the greenhouse.