- Flower nameAquilegia vulgaris 'Tower series'
- Scientific nameaquilegia-vulgaris-tower-series
- Aliasアキレギア, Aquilegia, イトクリ, Columbine, Odamaki, アクイレギア・ブルガリス
- Place of origingarden variety
- Place of floweringGarden
- Flowering seasonMay, June
- Language of flowersRed flower is 'anxious and trembling'.
What is Aquilegia vulgaris 'Tower series'
Aquilegia vulgaris 'Tower series' (scientific name: Aquilegia vulgaris 'Tower series') is a hardy evergreen perennial herb belonging to the buttercup family, Ranunculaceae, native to Europe. It is a garden variety of Aquilegia vulgaris, a cold-tolerant evergreen perennial herb of the Ranunculaceae family native to Europe. The plant is 30-70 cm tall and produces double flowers with a diameter of 3-4 cm in May and June.
Common name: Aquilegia vulgaris 'Tower series', scientific name: Aquilegia vulgaris 'Tower series', Origin: Horticultural (Europe), Lifespan: Perennial, cold hardy evergreen, Height: 30-70 cm, Leaf shape: Twice trichomes, Leaf margin: toothed, Flowers: Bisexual, Inflorescence form: Monocarpic, Corolla: Cappate, tubular (petal base extends to apex), Flowering season: May to June Flower color: purple, bluish purple, white, yellow, red; Diameter: 3-4 cm; Fruit type: aggregated bag fruit; Uses: potted, planter, garden plantings; Remarks: insect-pollinated; all plants poisonous.