- Flower nameLipstick tree
- Scientific nameBixa orellana
- Aliasリップスティック・ツリー, Lipstick tree, 紅の木, Achiote, Annatto Tree, Bixa orellana
- Place of originAmazon basin
- Place of floweringSpecific area
- Flowering seasonAugust, September, October, November
What is Lipstick tree
Lipstick-tree (Lipstick tree, scientific name:Bixa orellana) is native to the Amazon basin, annatto, Department of annatto genus of evergreen shrubs. Stretch panicles from branches, a number of pink flowers. The Red cute fruit grows bushy hairs there together. Red dye called annatto (Annatto) is picked from the seed of the fruit, edible and industrial used as a natural food coloring. Once the native Americans in body paint was used.
Generic name: Lipstick tree, scientific name:Bixa orellana, also known as: annatto, Achiote, Annatto Tree, Bixa orellana, origin: Amazon River basin (tropical America), height: 5-9 m, color: peach, fruit color: red.