- Flower nameShishito pepper
- Scientific nameCapsicum annuum var. grossum
- Alias獅子唐辛子, 獅子唐, シシトウガラシ, Shishitōgarashi
- Place of originCentral and South America
- Place of floweringField
- Flowering seasonJuly, August, September
What is Shishito pepper
Shishito peppers ( scientific name: Capsicum annuum var. grossum) are a horticultural vegetable native to Central and South America and belong to the genus Capsicum in the family Solanaceae. It is properly called lion's chili pepper. It is the unripe fruit of a chili pepper and is not very hot. They are small edible peppers with white or light yellow flowers and green fruits. It can be eaten in tempura or grilled.
Generic name: Shishito pepper , scientific name: Capsicum annuum var. grossum, flower color: yellow, fruit color: green, uses: Edible vegetables
Common name: Shishitōgarashi, scientific name: Capsicum annuum var. grossum, also known as Shishitōgarashi,flower color: yellow, fruit color: green, use: edible vegetable.