- Flower namepampas grass
- Scientific nameCortaderia selloana
- Aliasシロガネヨシ, 白銀葭, セイヨウススキ, 西洋ススキ, pampas grass
- Place of originArgentina, Brazil, Chile, South America
- Place of floweringCut flowers, flower arrangement, Botanical Gardens, Park
- Flowering seasonAugust, September, October
What is pampas grass
Pampas grass, scientific name:Cortaderia selloana , is a half-hardy perennial grasse of the cortaderia genus of the department poaceae native to South America continent such as Argentina, Brazil, Chile. It is a type of Reed. Pampas grass flower name depends on the place of origin of the pampas Plains. Flower spikes of Japanese pampas grass with large and fine is a silver-white, is something like wiping the window glass hair broom . Spike color goes pink white flower color is silver white , pink and rose. Spike is used dried flowers, cut flowers, etc are found in parks and fields.
Common name:pampas grass, scientific name:Cortaderia selloana , origin: Argentina and South America, height: 100-300 cm, inflorescence high: 60-70 cm, flower, white, flowering period: from August to October's dried flower, ornamental uses: parks.