- Flower nameAmerican Blue
- Scientific nameEvolvulus pilosus
- AliasAmerican Blue, アメリカン・ブルー, エボルブルス・ピロサス, Evolvulus, dwarf morning glories
- Place of originCentral America such as Brazil
- Place of floweringGarden, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonApril, May, June, July, August, September, October
- Language of flowersOverflowing thoughts
What is American Blue
American Blue or called Evolvulus(scientific name: Evolvulus pilosus) is native to Central America such as Brazil and is a fertile perennial herb of the family Convolvulaceae , genus Evolvulus. Growth is fast and strong. It continues to bloom for a long period from spring to autumn. Refreshing blue florets that bloom to reflect strong sunlight cover the ground and serve as a ground cover.
Generic name: American Blue, Scientific name: Evolvulus pilosus, also known as: American Blue, Place of origin: Central America such as Brazil etc., Environment: sunny and well-drained soil, plant height: 20 to 30 cm, leaf shape: oval, leaf length: 2 to 3 cm, phylogeny (leaf order): alternate, leaf edge: smooth, one day flower, flower diameter: 1 to 2 cm, flower color: Flower petal is blue and central part is white, corolla shape: funnel with 5 tears at the tip, numbers of stamen:5, number of pistils:１, flowering period:from April to October, fruit type: capsule.