- Flower nameFicus superba
- Scientific nameFicus superba
- Alias榕, sea fig , deciduous fig
- Place of originTaiwan, China, South East Asia, Japan
- Place of floweringBotanical Gardens, Subtropical region
- Flowering seasonFebruary, March, April, May
What is Ficus superba
Banyan tree , scientific name : Ficus superba , is a semi evergreen tree called the strangler fig out aerial roots from branches and trunks, sticks to other trees to grow. Is native to the southern half of Taiwan, global warming, China, Southeast Asia, Japan's Kyushu and Ryukyu Islands. No glossy leaves the palmately lobed with long oval-shaped. Short floral spring went directly from the trunk or branches give the fig inflorescences. The ripe fruit is edible. Use the tree windbreaks, Dike, ornamental, auricularia lumber or timber is wood.