- Flower nameKirishima Rindo
- Scientific nameGentiana scabra var. b. f. procumbens
- Place of originJapanese endemic species
- Place of floweringLow mountains, Specific area
- Flowering seasonAugust, September, October
What is Kirishima Rindo
Kirishima Rindo(scientific name: Gentiana scabra var. B. F. Procumbens) is a Japanese endemic species found in Kirishima and is a perennial of the Gentianaceae family. It grows naturally in Kagoshima and the Kirishima area of Miyazaki Prefecture. The plant height is low and the leaves are thin. One to several bell-shaped flowers bloom on the shoots and leaves. The tip of the flower splits 5 times. Used for parents of garden varieties.
Common name: Kirishima Rindo, Scientific name: Gentiana scabra var. : Perennial, stem length: 10-30 cm, leaf color: green, leaf shape: needle shape, inflorescence: antibiotic, flower shape: bell-shaped, flowering period: August to October, flower color: purple, fruit: fruit.