- Flower nameCreaping Gypsophila
- Scientific nameGypsophila repens
- AliasGypsophila repens, カスミソウ, Creaping Gypsophila, カーペットカスミソウ
- Place of originEurope Alps
- Place of floweringOverseas, Subtropical region
- Flowering seasonJune, July
What is Creaping Gypsophila
Creaping Gypsophila (scientific name:Gypsophila repens) is native to European Alps high mountain plants of the Caryophyllaceae family. "Gypsophila" dwarf varieties, spreads a mat-like branches into small white flowers bloom in the mass. Prefer calcareous, coined the term in Latin, Gypsys (lime) and synthesized the two words philos (love) is a scientific name gypsophilla Gypsy (Gypsophila) means. Species epithet 'has' as well as in the Latin of the "creeping" that means ".
Generic name: Creaping Gypsophila, Scientific name: Gypsophila repens, Origin: European Alps, Habitat: Alpine, environment: Rocky, plant height: 10-15 cm, leave: alternate, narrow lanceolate, phyllotaxis, Corolla: The tip is 5 incisions with funnel form, color: white, size: 1 cm, flowering time: June-July.