- Flower nameHydrangea macrophylla
- Scientific nameH.m. cv. hanabi
- Alias額紫陽花, 隅田の花火, スミダノハナビ, ガクアジサイ, Sumida no Hanabi, Hanabi
- Place of originJapan
- Place of floweringGarden, Botanical Gardens, Park
- Flowering seasonJune, July
What is Hydrangea macrophylla
H.m. 'Hanabi'(sientific name:Hydrangea macrophilla cv. Hanabi) is one of the gardening products of cold-resistant deciduous shrubs b of the family Hydrangeae family. Flowers are small amphoter flowers in the center, about 10 to 15 decorative flowers are attached around. The decorative flowers are of a star shape and the flower axis is long, so it seems that the fireworks have gone up in the Sumida river is the origin of the flower name. Inflorescence diameter is 20 to 30 cm. Flower color is basically white, however it is bluish if it is weakly acidic soil, and if it is alkaline soil it becomes pinky. The flowering period is from June to July. H.m. '(Sumida no) Hanabi': Hydrangea macrophylla 'Hanabi', Hanabi means fireworks.