- Flower nameMexican shrimp plant
- Scientific nameJusticia brandegeeana
- Aliasベロペロネ, 小海老草, Beloperone, Beloperone guttata, False Hop, Shrimp Bush, shrimp plant, Mexican shrimp plant
- Place of originMexico
- Place of floweringCut flowers, flower arrangement, Greenhouse, Ornamental plants
- Flowering seasonMay, June, July, August, September, October, November
- Language of flowersWitty,tomboy
What is Mexican shrimp plant
Mexican shrimp plant, scientific name:Justicia brandegeeana, is native to Mexico and is a tropical genus tsunenomago Department of oppression and half-Hardy Evergreen shrub. Overlapping bracts looks like a reddish-brown or yellowish brown flowers with shrimp, which was named. Small white flowers shaped like lips from between the bracts are real. Lower lip of the flower is purple group. Blooming flowers (bracts) long-term, evergreen, prized as pot plants and cut flowers.
Common name: Mexican shrimp plant, scientific name:Justicia brandegeeana, aka: beloperone ,Beloperone guttata, False Hop, Shrimp Bush, origin: Mexico height: 50-150 cm, phyllotaxis: opposite, leaf: oval, flower color: white, bract color: green / brown or reddish-brown, yellowish-brown,The inflorescence high: 7-10 cm, flowering time: from May to November.