- Flower nameDasylirion longissimum
- Scientific nameDasylirion longissimum
- AliasDasylirion longissimum, Dasylirion, Mexican Grass Tree, ダシシリオン ロンギシマム
- Place of originMexico
- Place of floweringBotanical Gardens, Ornamental plants
- Flowering seasonAugust, September, October, November
What is Dasylirion longissimum
Dasylirion longissimum or Mexican Grass Tree (scientific name: Dasylirion longissimum) is a cold-tolerant evergreen shrub of the Dasylirion genus in the family Asparagaceae, which is native to Mexico. The leaves are thin, hard, long and radiantly spreading. There are no spines on the leaves. In its native land, the leaves are used for roofing, weaving baskets, harvesting fiber to make rope, and making sotol from the sap.
Generic name: Dasylirion, scientific name: Dasylirion longissimum, aka: Dasirion Longisimam, Mexican Grass Tree, Place of origin: Mexico
Living type: Evergreen shrub, Stem height: 50-150 cm, grass height: 3 m, leaf length: 1 m, Flowering season: summer solstice to autumn, use: ornamental plants, Roof, basket material, rope, and sotol liquor (Sotol).