- Flower nameCerasus subhirtella
- Scientific nameCerasus subhirtella
- AliasCerasus subhirtella, 十月桜
- Place of origingarden cultivar, Japan
- Place of floweringGarden, Botanical Gardens, Horticultural species
- Flowering seasonMarch, April, October, November, December
What is Cerasus subhirtella
Cerasus subhirtella or Jugatsu-zakura(scientific name: Cerasus subhirtella) is a deciduous small and tall tree of the family Rosaceae. It is a garden cultivar of cross between Edohigan and Mamezakura. It makes bloom for two seasons in spring and winter. The calyx cylinder is red in color and is shaped like a pot. Flowers are pale pink or white with double petals with 10 to 20 petals.
Generic name: Cerasus subhirtella,scientific name: Cerasus subhirtella, Origin: Horticultural Varieties , aka: Cerasus subhirtella 'Autumnalis' , Tree height: 3 to 7 m, leaf shape: alternate, leaf shape: oval shape, calyx cylinder: red color type, flower color: light crimson, flowering period: autumn to winter, two seasons of spring and flower blooming style: , Flower size: small wheel, stamen: long, fruit type: stone fruit, number of seeds: 1 each.