- Flower nameDaylily
- Scientific nameHemerocallis spp.
- AliasHemerocallis, デイリリー, day lily, ワスレグサ, 忘れ草
- Place of originJapan and China
- Place of floweringFields and footpaths, Garden, Park, Horticultural species
- Flowering seasonJuly, August, September
What is Daylily
Hemerocallis or daylily(scientific name: Hemerocallis spp.) is native to Japan and China, and is a deciduous perennial plant in the family Asphodelaceae. Hemerocallis includes Japanese varieties, horticultural varieties that have been improved overseas and returned home, and wild varieties. Mainly speaking, Hemerocallis refers to improved horticultural varieties. It is usually yellow or orange, but some horticultural varieties are white, purple or magenta.
Generic name: Hemerocallis, Scientific name: Hemerocallis spp., Other names: day lily, Forget-me-nots, Origin: Japan, China, plant height: 60-100 cm. Flowering period: July to September, flower diameter: 5-20 cm, flower color: orange / yellow / red.