- Flower nameLeaf lettuce
- Scientific nameLactuca sativa var. crispa
- Aliasハチシャ, 葉萵苣, レタス, Leaf Lettuce
- Place of originMediterranean and West Asia
- Place of floweringField, Horticultural species
- Flowering seasonJanuary, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
What is Leaf lettuce
Leaf lettuce (scientific name: Lactuca sativ var. crispa) is an annual and second-year vegetable of the family Asteraceae, native to the Mediterranean and western Asia. It is a non-tuberculous type of lettuce. It is sold hydroponically grown in the factory. Crisp head of head lettuce (scientific name: Lactuca sativ var. capitata) shaped and tuberous like cabbage. By the way, salad greens are head lettuce like lettuce, but this one is a butterhead type, which is gently tuberized and soft.
Common name:Leaf lettuce, scientific name: Lactuca sativa var. crispa, Origin: Mediterranean and Western Asia; Living type: annual and overgrown leafy vegetables, habitat: all over Japan, environment: hydroponically grown in factories, planted in roads, grasses: high 20-30 cm, flower color: yellow, flower diameter: 1-2 cm, flowering time: 1-2 hours in the morning, harvest days: 30 Day and shipping time: all year round.