- Flower nameEaster lily
- Scientific nameLilium longiflorum
- Alias鉄砲百合, Lilium longiflorum, Easter lily, teppoyuri
- Place of originSouthwest Islands
- Place of floweringGarden, Botanical Gardens, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonApril, May, June
What is Easter lily
Easter lily or teppoyuri (scientific name: Lilium longiflorum) is a perennial bulbous plant in the family Liliaceae, native to the Southwest Islands. The leaves are normally lanceolate. It produces trumpet-shaped white flowers in spring, with no red stripes on the outside of the flower tube. It is a similar to New Easter lilies or Shin tepoyuri and Lilium formosanum or takasagoyuri (scientific name:Lilium formosanum).
Common name: Easter lily, scientific name: Lilium longiflorum, grass height: 50-100 cm, flower diameter: 5 cm, flower shape: trumpet shape, flower color: white, flowering season: April-June.