- Flower nameGarden lobelia
- Scientific nameLobelia erinus
- Aliasルリチョウソウ, Lobelia, 瑠璃蝶草, Lobelia erinus, ルリチョウチョウ, 瑠璃溝隠, ロベリア エリヌス, Edging Lobelia, garden lobelia, trailing lobelia, ルリミゾカクシ
- Place of originMalawi, Namibia and South Africa
- Place of floweringGarden, Botanical Gardens
- Flowering seasonApril, May, June, July
- Language of flowersAccomplishment
What is Garden lobelia
Garden lobelia, scientific name: Lobelia erinus , is a non-hardy evergreen perennial or annual grass of the Campanulaceae family , native to Malawi, Namibia, South Africa. A lot of florets resembling a rose and having a lip-like appearance come in the form of panicles coming out of well-branched thin stalks. There are varieties of standing and dwarf.
The genus name "Lobelia" is a dedication to the Belgian botanist "Matthias de l'Obe". The small name "erinus" seems to be a new Latin derived from "erinos" (an unidentified plant). The same genera includes Lobelia richardsonii, Lobelia sessilifolia.
Common name: Garden lobelia, scientific name:Lobelia erinus, aka: lobelia erinus , edging lobelia, garden lobelia or trailing lobelia, origin: South Africa, living type: perennial and in Japan treat grass as annual on gardening, plant: 10-15 cm, leaf: oval, leaf with serrated, leaf length 10 cm, leaf width:0.6cm, left-right asymmetric flowers, flowers: panicles and flower diameter: 2 cm, Corolla, lip-type, petal number: 5 valve in on valve is divided into left and right, Under the three-valve base is cemented. Flower color: blue and purple, garden variety white, peach, flowering period: from April to June, fruit: capsule and ripens fruit, fruit length:0.7cm, number of seeds: many uses: hanging baskets and flower beds.