- Flower nameNemesia 'Penblu'
- Scientific nameNemesia 'Penblu'
- Aliasウンランモドキ, 海蘭もどき, Nemesia, ネメシア'ブルー・クラウド', Nemesia 'Blue Cloud', Nemesia 'Penblu'
- Place of originhorticultural variety
- Place of floweringGarden, Horticultural species, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonApril, May, June, July, August, October, November
- Language of flowersInclusive
What is Nemesia 'Penblu'
Nemesia 'Penblu' (scientific name: Nemesia 'Penblu'), a horticultural variety of Nemesia, is a nonchill-tolerant deciduous annual herb or lodging plant in the family Scrophulariaceae. Also known as Nemesia 'Blue Cloud', N. 'Penblu' was awarded the Royal Horticultural Society's Award for Horticultural Merit. The plant is 10 to 50 cm tall. It produces small, solitary flowers in late spring to late evening on small panicles or in leaf axils. The flowers are purple, 2-lipped (upper lip with 4 lobes, lower lip with 2 lobes) with a yellow eye in the center. The flowers are a nectar plant.
Nemesia strumosa (scientific name: Nemesia strumosa) - annual herb
Nemesia KLM (scientific name: Nemesia strumosa 'KLM')-Bicolor blue and white flowers
N. caerulea (scientific name: N. caerulea) - a perennial herb
Common name: Nemesia 'Penblu' , scientific name: Nemesia 'Penblu', Horticultural Zone: England, Height: 10 to 50 cm, Leaf Color: Glossy, Flowering season: late spring to late summer, Flower color: purple, Life Form: annuals, perennials, subshrubs ( annuals, perennials or sub-shrubs), inflorescence: opposite, inflorescence form: racemes or solitary in leaf axils, flower diameter: 1.5 cm, use: nectar plant.