- Flower nameWhite Star
- Scientific nameOxypetalum caeruleum 'alba'
- AliasOxypetalum, Oxypetalum caeruleum, Southern star
- Place of originLatin America such as Uruguay and Brazil
- Place of floweringCut flowers, flower arrangement
- Flowering seasonMarch, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November
What is White Star
White star (Scientific name: Oxypetalum caeruleum 'Alba') is a native of Latin America such as Uruguay and Brazil and it is a white flower variety of semi-virginal part "Oxypetalum" of the family Apocynaceae. Light blue star is more common. Small star shaped flowers are preferred, it is used for birthday flower bouquets and bridal flower materials. If it is hurt the leaves and branches, the white milky lot that comes out may be covered, so be careful.
Common name: White star, Scientific name: Oxypetalum caeruleum 'Alba', Synonyms: Tweedia caerulea, aka : Oxypetalum, Southern star, Latin America such as Uruguay and Brazil, plant height: 50 to 100 cm, leaf color: green, flowering period: March to November , flower color: white, flower Diameter: 3 cm.