- Flower namePennisetum glaucum 'Purple Majesty'
- Scientific namePennisetum glaucum 'purple majesty'
- Alias唐人稗, ペニセツム・グラウクム, パープルマジェスティ, Purple Majesty, Pennisetum glaucum, ミレット パープルマジェスティ, ミレット
- Place of originGarden variety, (tropical Africa)
- Place of floweringCut flowers, flower arrangement, Botanical Gardens, Horticultural species
- Flowering seasonJuly, August, September, October
- Language of flowersDivine
What is Pennisetum glaucum 'Purple Majesty'
Pennisetum glaucum 'purple Majesty' (scientific name:Pennisetum glaucum ' Purple Majesty') is an annual cereal of the family Poaceae. Purple Majesty is a gardening variety of Pennisetum glaucum, a purple and high quality breed. Among many colorful flowers, this species is dark and tall and prominent. Purple leaves are initially green and changed to purple over time. Apply spikes to the inflorescence extending from the tip of a red brown culm (such as cane or stem) that emerges from the center of purple leaves. The flower language is "sacred".
common name: Pennisetum glaucum 'Purple Majesty', scientific name:Pennisetum glaucum 'Purple Majesty', also known as Pennisetum glaucum 'Purple Majesty', Millet 'Purple Majesty',Plantation: Gardening variety, (Tropical Africa), Environment: Dry land, Life type: Annual grass, Plant height: 100 to 300 cm, leaf length: 1 m, leaf width: 5 cm, leaf color: green to dark purple, inflorescence form: conical inflorescence, inflorescence length: 15 to 30 cm, spike: ovoid, flowering period: October, fruit type: fruit.