- Flower namePersicaria capitata
- Scientific namePersicaria capitata
- Aliasポリゴナム, 姫蔓蕎麦, Polygonum
- Place of originHimalayas, Northern India
- Place of floweringFields and footpaths, Garden, Streets, Planting
- Flowering seasonApril, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Language of flowersAdorable
What is Persicaria capitata
Persicaria capitata is a creeping evergreen perennial grass of the family Polygonaceae jenus native toHimalayas, Northern India.
It lets a floret of the form of pink polygon bloom. It is short and is used for the ground cover or a rock garden because It continues flowering for a long term while groveling. However, it is really the calyx which did 5 incisions that look like a pink flower. There is no petal. Because it is small again, a thing and a color of a flower that it is covered with dust to bloom by the ground, and a color of a flower is dark, and to watch are apt to overlook it not bright pink. When grow in colonies, and bloom; a ground pink (a ground pink, a scientific name: Phlox subulata), It attracts the public eye with form of carpet of the pinkishness. Persicaria chinensis (scientific name:Persicaria chinensis) which lets a white blossom bloom by the flower name which was similar by the genus according to the course.
Common name: :Persicaria capitata,scientific name:Persicaria capitata ,aka: pink-headed persicaria, origin: Himalayas, Northern India plant 10 to 20 cm, leaf length: 3-4 cm, leaf shape: oval, blooming April-next year January flower colors: light pink, flower diameter: 1 cm species.