- Flower nameOctopus tree
- Scientific nameSchefflera actinophylla
- Aliasブラッサイア, OctopusTree, Brassaia, Australia umbrella tree, Queensland umbrella tree
- Place of originAustralia and New Guinea
- Place of floweringSubtropical region
- Flowering seasonMay, June, July, August
What is Octopus tree
Octopus tree (scientific name: Schefflera actinophylla) is an evergreen middle tall tree of the genus Schefflera in the family Araliaceae native to Australia and New Guinea. It is the origin of the name that made a tree figure like an octopus with about 1,000 dark red florets like an octopus wart in a stick-like branch (general inflorescences) that jumped out radially on the tree. There are white and yellow in flower color,too. It will take 20 years until the flowers come into bloom.
Common name: Octopus tree, Scientific name: Schefflera actinophylla, Synonym: Brassaia actinophylla, aka: Brassaia , Umbrella Tree, Rubber Tree, Australia umbrella tree, Queensland umbrella tree, He'e (Hawaiian name), Origin: Australia and New Guinea, tree height: 15 m, leaves: palmiform compound leaves, inflorescence Shape: inflorescence, inflorescences length: 2 m, flower color: dark red, white and yellow, flowering period: May to August.