- Flower nameRed campion
- Scientific nameSilene dioica
- AliasRed campion, Silenedioica, シレネ ディオイカ, ヒロハノマンテマ, マツヨイセンノウ, フウリンカ
- Place of originEurope and Asia
- Place of floweringFields and footpaths, Garden, Cut flowers, flower arrangement
- Flowering seasonMay, June, July
What is Red campion
Red campion( scientific name: Silene dioica）is an evergreen to perennial plant in the genus Silene of the family Caryophyllaceae, native to Europe and Asia. There are sticky hairs on the leaves and stems. The stems are branched and produce numerous pink to red flowers. There is no fragrance in the flowers. It is a separate strain, with ten stamens and sepals on each male flower. The female flower has five flower columns and 20 calyxes. It increases with sprouts. It is used for ground cover, cut flowers, and the flowers and leaves are edible as herbs.
Generic name : Red campion, Scientific name : Silene dioica, Place of Origin : Europe - Asia, Type of Life : Evergreen - Perennial, Flower Color : Pink - Red.