- Flower nameStrobilanthes japonicus
- Scientific nameStrobilanthes japonicus
- Alias伊勢花火, Green Mondo Grass
- Place of originSouth-East Asia
- Place of floweringLow mountains
- Flowering seasonJune, July, August, September, October
What is Strobilanthes japonicus
Strobilanthes japonicus is an annual grass of the Acanthaceae department Strobilanthes genus native to Southeast Asia. From the summer to fall it lets lip-type light red purple flowers bloom. Feral was what was transmitted to Japan via China as an ornamental. Come with vs. in the long oval-shaped leaves. Of each petal is 5 deep the fissure.
Common name: Strobilanthes japonicus, scientific name:Strobilanthes japonicus, aka:Green Mondo Grass, origin: South-East Asia, Habitat: from Gifu of Honshu to West Kyushu, Japan. Shady environments: mountains, living type: perennials, plant height: 30-50 cm, stalk: good rather than branches, phyllotaxis: opposite, flower color: light red purple flowering time: June - October, rose: funnel-shaped with Tip 5 crack, pedicel length: 1-2 cm, stamens number: 4, fruit type: capsule and ripens fruit and seed number: 4.