- Flower nameUtricularia longifolia
- Scientific nameUtricularia longifolia
- Alias大輪ミミカキグサ, ミカキグサ・ロンギフォリア, Utricularia longifolia
- Place of originBrazil
- Place of floweringWetlands, Greenhouse, Botanical Gardens
- Flowering seasonMarch, April, May, June, July
What is Utricularia longifolia
Utricularia longifolia (scientific name: Utricularia longifolia) is an endemic to Brazil and a large insecticidal plant of semi-cold-resistant perennials belonging to the family Lentibulariaceae. It is a member of Uragaluria(scientific name: Utricularia bifida) and grows on the earth. Have an insect sac in the ground and eat plankton and microorganisms. In summer, light purple flowers similar to Miltonia make bloom.
Generic name: Utricularia longifolia, Scientific name: Utricularia longifolia, also known as Okinawa Mimikakisagi, Mimikaki gusa longifolia, Origin: Brazil, Plant length: 10 to 40 cm, leaf length: Flower color: purple, flower length: 2.5 cm, flower diameter: 3 to 3.5 cm, flower size: 12 to cm, leaf shape: elongated spatula to linear lanceolate shape, flowering period: March to July.