- Flower nameManila palm
- Scientific nameVeitchia merrillii
- Aliasマニラパーム, マニラ椰子, Christmas palm, クリスマス・パーム, Adonidia merrillii
- Place of originPhilippines
- Place of floweringBotanical Gardens, Overseas
- Flowering seasonMay, June
What is Manila palm
Manila palm, Botanical Name:Veitchia merrillii syn. Adonidia merrillii is an evergreen medium- and high-levels tree of Arecaceae family native of Philippines and is the palm which shape of a tree is lucid by height approximately height of the tree 7m, and is beautiful. A base grows the trunk a little into long pieces generally. It is colored dark green, and big jugum grows a bunch, and the leaf becoming the top of the trunk curves in a bow shape. By monoecism, a thin yellow floret runs out into a an ear form. There is a bract in the base of the inflorescence. Because red of the fruit is combined with the green of the leaf and becomes the Christmas color, by another name, it is called Christmas palm.