- Flower nameWrightia antidysenterica
- Scientific nameWrightia antidysenterica
- AliasWrightia antidysenterica
- Place of originSri Lanka
- Place of floweringGarden, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonJune, July, August, September, October, November
What is Wrightia antidysenterica
Wrightia antidysenterica is an evergreen shrub of the genus Wrightia in the family Apocynaceae, native to Sri Lanka. It is a well branched shrub. In summer and autumn, white flowers appear on the tips of the branches in clusters. The flowers are not aromatic.
Common name:Wrightia antidysenterica, Scientific name:Wrightia antidysenterica, Plant height: 50-200 cm, Colour of leaves: dark green. Leaf shape: ovate to elliptic; inflorescence: opposite; leaf blade length: 2.5-6 cm; leaf width: 1.5-2.5 cm; inflorescence: clustered; flowering season: June to November; colour: white; flower diameter: 2.5-3.5 cm; style: tubular with 5 lobes at the apex; stamen colour: yellow; fruit type: bag fruit.