- Flower nameAcacia baileyana 'purpurea'
- Scientific nameAcacia baileyana 'purpurea'
- Alias銀葉アカシア, Purpurea, Acacia baileyana, プルプレア, ワトル, 紫葉アカシア
- Place of originAustralia
- Place of floweringGarden, Cut flowers, flower arrangement, Botanical Gardens, Park, Horticultural species, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonMarch, April
What is Acacia baileyana 'purpurea'
Acacia baileyana 'Purpurea' (scientific name: Acacia baileyana 'Purpurea') is a variety of Acacia baileyana (scientific name: Acacia baileyana) which is a semi-hard-resistant evergreen tree of the lFabaceae family. The sprouts of Purpurea are purple.
Pulprea, like Ginkgo Acacia, blooms yellow spherical florets all at once in spring. The lower the temperature, the darker the leaves.
It grows quickly in fast-growing trees, however because it does not have much strength, branches are easily broken by strong wind.
General name:Acacia baileyana 'Purpurea' , scientific name: Acacia baileyana 'Purpurea', aka: purple leaf acacia, golden mimosa 'purupurea', wattle (Australia designation), Origin: Australian horticultural variety, Tree height: 500-1800 cm,
Inflorescence height: 10 to 15 cm, flowering time: late February to March, flower color: yellow.