- Flower nameAngraecum florurentum
- Scientific nameAngraecum florurentum
- AliasAngraecum florurentum, Angraecum, florurentum, アングレカム, アングレクム, アングレークム, Angcm. , Comet orchid, Darwin’s orchid
- Place of originComoros
- Place of floweringGreenhouse, Specific area
- Flowering seasonJanuary, December
What is Angraecum florurentum
Anglegrecum florentum (scientific name: Angraecum florurentum) is endemic to the Comoros and is an epiphytic orchid belonging to the genus Anglegrecum. The flower stalk is extended from the axillary and blooms in a single or inflorescence. The flowers are white blossoms that emit fragrance at night and attract moths. Large lip flap with honey at bottom of long distance. Darwin claims the existence of a moth that sucks its honey, and after his death, says that such a moth exists (Xanthopan morganii praedicta).
Generic name: Anglegrecum florentum, scientific name: Angraecum florurentum, Also: Angcm, Angrek, Comet Orchid, flower color: white to greenish white, spur length: 20-35cm, flowering period: December-January..