- Flower nameKorean starwort
- Scientific nameAster koraiensis
- Aliasチョウセンヨメナ, 朝鮮嫁菜, Korean starwort
- Place of originthe Korean Peninsula
- Place of floweringBotanical Gardens
- Flowering seasonJune, July, August, September
What is Korean starwort
Korean starwort (scientific name: Aster koraiensis) is a perennial herb belonging to the family Asteraceae, an endemic species of the Korean Peninsula.
From summer to early autumn, the inflorescence is extended from the tip of the stem and the head flower blooms. Tongue flowers are bluish purple and tubular flowers are yellow. It came to Japan for ornamental purposes and is now considered a naturalized plant.