- Flower nameMiyakowasure
- Scientific nameAster savatieri cv. miyakowasure
- Alias都忘れ, Miyakowasure, 野春菊, 東菊, Miyakowasure
- Place of origincultivate(Japan)
- Place of floweringHorticultural species
- Flowering seasonApril, May, June
- Language of flowersFarewell for a while
What is Miyakowasure
Miyakowasure (scientific name: Aster savatieri cv. Miyakowasure) is a hardy perennial of the family asteraceae cultivated in Japan. It is garden variety of flower Miyamayomena(scientific name: Aster savatieri) and makes blue-purple flower bloom in spring. It has been improved varieties from the Edo period. Leaves are dark green. It likes good soil of the drainage by half light.
General name: Miyakowasure, scientific name:Aster savatieri cv. Miyakowasure, origin: Japan plant: 15-20 cm (dwarf species), 30-40 cm (high diversity), flower color: blue-violet, purple, lilac, white, peach, purple, red, flower diameter: 3-4 cm, flowering: from April to June.