- Flower namefairy duster
- Scientific nameCalliandra eriophylla
- Aliasベニゴウカン, 緋合歓, 紅合歓, カリアンドラ・エリオフィラ, Calliandra, fairy duster
- Place of originTropical America
- Place of floweringGreenhouse, Subtropical region
- Flowering seasonApril, May, June, July, August, September, October, November
What is fairy duster
Fairy duster (scientific name: Calliandra eriophylla) is a tropical evergreen shrub of the family Fabaceae native to tropical America. Hemispheric flowers like red cosmetic puffs bloom. But what looks like a flower is an aggregate of stamen. It is a flower like Reduced Powder Puff (Red Powder Puff) called a companion Scalable Flower(Scientific Name: Calliandra haematocephala). Blooming flowers like red pink nemunoki (leaf tree), the leaves are like nemunoki and close at night. It is similar to 'Ohi'a Lehua.
Common name: Fairy duster, Scientific name: Calliandra eriophylla , aka: fairy duster, Benigokan , Hinemu, Calliandra eriophylla, Calliandra ,tree: 1.5 meters tall, flower color: red, flowering period: April to November, flower shape: dome shape, flower size: 5 cm .