- Flower nameChimonanthus praecox
- Scientific nameChimonanthus praecox
- Aliasトウバイ, 蝋梅, wintersweet, Japanese allspice
- Place of originChina
- Place of floweringGarden, Botanical Gardens
- Flowering seasonJanuary, February, December
What is Chimonanthus praecox
Chimonanthus praecox ,Roubai, wintersweet, or Japanese allspice (scientific name: Chimonanthus praecox) is native to China and is a deciduous broad-leaved shrub belonging to the family Calycanthaceae. From December to February, it produces a translucent pale yellow and aromatic flower. Many flowers are attached to the branches, but the leaves are falling and cannot be seen.
Generic name: Chimonanthus praecox, scientific name: Chimonanthus praecox, also known as Roubai, wintersweet, or Japanese allspice, Origin: China, Leaf shape: oval, phyllodes: opposite, leaf length: 15 cm, leaf width: 4-5 cm, flower color: yellow, flowering period: December to February, flower diameter: 2 cm, flower: flower piece Aggregation, fruit: false fruit.