- Flower nameCissus sicyoides
- Scientific nameCissus sicyoides
- AliasPrincess vine, プリンセス・バイン, Cissus sicyoides
- Place of originTropical America
- Place of floweringSubtropical region
- Flowering seasonJanuary, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Language of flowersHow is this Cup?
What is Cissus sicyoides
Cissus sicyoides or Princess vine (Scientific name: Cissus sicyoides) is an evergreen vineyard of the family Vitaceae that inhabits the rainforests of Tropical America. In a tropical rain-forest, it entangled with other trees and drips a long and thin air rope like a red string from the axil of the thick vine. Leaves are oval and there is no serrated teeth, it comes with the birth. Pick up the divergent inflorescences and bloom 4 annual flowers of light yellow to yellow green annually. In Japan, you can see it in the greenhouse of the botanical garden. A fruit with a dark blue spherical shape will be formed after the flower. In Brazil, it is a medicinal plant used for the treatment of epilepsy, stroke, abscess, diabetes.
Common name: Cissus sicyoides、Scientific name: Cissus sicyoides、Also known as: Princess vine, Insulina、Origin: tropical America: Rainforest, Living type: evergreen woody liana, Leaf shape: oval, Leaf edge: entire, Leaf arrangement: opposite, Inflorescence: cymes, flower color: yellow, flowering : whole year, Number of petals: 4, number of stamens: 4, number of pistil: 1, fruit diameter: 1 cm, fruit color: dark blue, fruit shape: spherical, Uses: medicinal plants, ornamental plants.