- Flower nameClerodendrum ugandense
- Scientific nameClerodendrum ugandense
- AliasBlue elfin, Blue butterfly flower, Blue butterfly bush, Blue wing, ブルーエルフィン
- Place of originTropical Africa and tropical Asia
- Place of floweringGarden
- Flowering seasonJuly, August, September, October
- Language of flowersChance!
What is Clerodendrum ugandense
Clerodendrum ugandense commonly called Blue elfin, Blue butterfly flower, (scientific name: Clerodendrum ugandense), is a deciduous shrub of the family Lamiaceae native Tropical Africa and tropical Asia. It lets the florets of the butterfly-shaped ornament with purple as a cyme bloom in autumn from summer.
In the same genus there is also Crelodendrum paniculatsum 'Alba' that makes white flowers bloom.
General name: Clerodendrum ugandense, scientific name: Clerodendrum ugandense, aka: Blue elfin, Blue butterfly flower, Blue butterfly bush, Blue wing, Glory bower, origin: tropical Africa and tropical Asia, Height: 1-3 m, length: cm, inflorescence type: cymes, Corolla shape: Butterfly-shaped, flowering: 7-10 months, flower diameter: 2 cm, flower: blue, Calyx color: purple.