- Flower nameJapanese gentian
- Scientific nameGentiana scabra
- AliasJapanese gentian, 竜胆, Korean gentian
- Place of originJapan, Korea and China
- Place of floweringLow mountains
- Flowering seasonSeptember, October
- Language of flowersintrinsic worth
What is Japanese gentian
Japanese gentian, scientific name:Gentiana scabra , is native to China, Japan and the Korean peninsula, and is a deciduous of the department gentianaceae , of the gentiana genus. In Japan Honshu, Shikoku and Kyushu wild native in a bell-shaped purple flowers in autumn. Flowers bloom only on sunny days. Roots are used in herbal medicine.
Generic name: Japanese gentian, scientific name:Gentiana scabra, origin: Japan, Korea, China, Habitat: Japan Honshu, Shikoku and Kyushu, Yamano, stem length: 30-50 cm, rose: ovate-lanceolate, phyllotaxis: vs., Star: bell-shaped, flowering: autumn, flower: violet, white, leaf color: green, phyllotaxis: vs., uses: gardening, potted flowers, cut flowers, herbs.