- Flower nameSunflower Tohoku yae
- Scientific nameHelianthus annuus cv. tohoku yae
- Alias向日葵, トウホクヤエヒマワリ, 東北八重
- Place of originhorticultural variety
- Place of floweringGarden, Cut flowers, flower arrangement, Horticultural species, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonJuly, August, September, October, November
What is Sunflower Tohoku yae
Sunflower Tohoku yae (scientific name: Helianthus annuus cv. Tohoku yae) is a horticultural variety of sunflower (scientific name: Helianthus annuus). A yellow-orange double variety, registered by Tohoku Co., Ltd.
The center of a common sunflower flower is a brown tubular flower, while Tohoku Yae is filled with thin petals in the center.
Plant height: 150-200 cm, flowering period: July-November, flower diameter: 12-15 cm, flower color: yellow, orange.