- Flower nameCotton rosemallow
- Scientific nameHibiscus mutabilis cv. versicolor
- Alias酔芙蓉, Hibiscus mutabilis
- Place of origin cultivar
- Place of floweringGarden, Botanical Gardens, Park
- Flowering seasonJuly, August, September, October
What is Cotton rosemallow
Cotton rosemallow (Hibiscus mutabilis cv. Versicolor) is a cultivar of the deciduous shrub Hibiscus mutabilis, which changes its color three times a day, from white to pink to red, in the morning, afternoon and evening. It is a double-flowered variety. The change in flower color is compared to the change in color of a person's face when he or she is drunk.