- Flower nameOchichippa benkei
- Scientific nameHylotephium sordidum var. oishii
- Alias大乳葉弁慶, Hylotephium sordidum, oishii
- Place of originendemic to Japan
- Place of floweringLow mountains
- Flowering seasonSeptember, October, November
What is Ochichippa benkei
Ochichippa benkei (scientific name: Hylotephium sordidum var. oishii) is a variant of a perennial herb called "Chichippa benkei" (scientific name: Hylotephium sordidum), which is endemic to Japan and belongs to the genus Hylotelephium in the family Crassulaceae. It grows wild on cliffs and rocky areas in the mountains of Ibaraki and Fukushima prefectures. It is listed on the Red List of Threatened Species (EN).
Common name: Ochichippa-Benkei, scientific name: Hylotephium sordidum var. oishii, Plant height: 15-40 cm, Life type: perennial, Stem color: reddish brown, Leaf inflorescence: alternate, Leaf shape: broadly elliptical to oval, Leaf margin: serrated, Flower color: Pale yellow-green, diameter: 0.5 cm, flowering season: September to November.