- Flower nameLeontopodium discolor
- Scientific nameLeontopodium discolor
- Aliasエゾウスユキソウ, 礼文薄雪草, 蝦夷薄雪草, Leontopodium discolor, Rebun-usuyukisou
- Place of originAlpine of the Rebun Island, Hokkaido, Japan
- Place of floweringHokkaido
- Flowering seasonJune, July, August
What is Leontopodium discolor
Leontopodium discolor( scientific name: Leontopodium discolor) is an alpine perennia of the leontopodium genus of the Asteraceae department endemic to Hokkaido. It takes out stalk upright with the rosette leaves from the rhizomes. It choses a bract to look like a flower, and white cotton wool crowded to all grass for light snow. The capitula is only yellow pipe-formed flower. The center is maleness, and the outskirts are.
Cmmon name: Leontopodium discolor , scientific name: Leontopodium discolor, aka: Rebun-usuyukisou, Ezo-usuyukisou ,origin: Rebun Island, Hokkaido, grass : 15-30 cm high, bract leaf colour: white , number of leaves: 10 to 20 , alternate leaf ,leaf : the needle-shaped, flowering: from mid-June to mid-August, flowers: yellow tubular.