- Flower nameLeptochilus pothifolius
- Scientific nameLeptochilus pothifolius
- Alias岩海星, Leptochilus pothifolius
- Place of originJapan, the Korean Peninsula, Taiwan, China, and the Indochina Peninsula
- Place of floweringHigh mountain, Low mountains, Sub-alpine
- Flowering season
What is Leptochilus pothifolius
Leptochilus pothifolius, (scientific name: Leptochilus pothifolius) is a native evergreen perennial fern plant inf the Polypodiaceae, native to Japan, the Korean Peninsula, Taiwan, China, and the Indochina Peninsula.
Earlier scientific names include, for example, Analysis elliptica.
There are two types of leaves: vegetative leaves and spores.
The leaves are single-winged compound leaves. The sporangia (solus) is linear and tan.
Generic name: Leptochilus pothifolius, Scientific name: Leptochilus pothifolius, Synonym: Colysis elliptica, aka:Iwa hitode,
Origin: Japan, Korean Peninsula, Taiwan ,China and Indochina Peninsula, Habitat: Honshu, Shikoku, Kyushu, Environment: Rocky forest,
Plant height: 30-60 cm, leaf shape: single-winged compound leaf, sporangia (solus): linear, yellow-brown.