- Flower namewax-leaf privet
- Scientific nameLigustrum japonicum
- AliasLigustrum japonicum, 鼠黐, wax-leaf privet, apanese privet
- Place of originJapan, Taiwan
- Place of floweringBotanical Gardens, Park
- Flowering seasonMay, June
What is wax-leaf privet
Wax-leaf privet, scientific name:Ligustrum japonicum, is an evergreen small trees of the Ligustrum genus ,the Oleaceae department native to Taiwan and Japan. In summer, small, white 4-petaled flowers bloom. Small dark berries, such as rat droppings fall, have made. In the cortex a shiny oval leaves are, the opposite. This species is similar, Ligustrum lucidum (Tang rat doing).
Common name:Wax-leaf privet, scientific name: Ligustrum japonicum , origin: Japan and Taiwan, environment: tropical, tree:2 - 5 m, leaf color: green, leaf margin: entire margin,Flowering period: from May to June, flower color: white, corolla length:0.5-0.6 cm, set flowers lenght: 7-15 cm, fruit diameter: 1 cm, fruit shape: oval, fruiting period: October-December, fruit shape: oval-shaped.